Thursday, June 25, 2015

Rescuers // Week 2


We've all heard that famous hymn we heard the adults sing when we were children, "on Christ the solid rock I stand all other ground is sinking sand..." and most of the time we just mundanely sang it and went on our way but last night we unpacked what it meant for Christ to be our rock. For God to rescue us and bring us to safety on the Rock. 

A life built on God is a life that will not crumble because GOD is our FIRM FOUNDATION! Are our lives based on that firm foundation or one that will sink?
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. Psalm 40:2
I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Psalm 18:1-2
God wants to be personal with you. Is he YOUR personal strength? YOUR personal rock? YOUR fortress, etc? It doesn't work if He's your parents strength, your girlfriends rock, your friends deliverer. That won't get you into heaven one day.

God's love language is obedience! If we love God - we'll obey God. We may say, "I love you, Lord." but our actions say otherwise. God knows if you love Him.
For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 1 Corinthians 1:25
God as His weakest point is still stronger than us at our strength.  

Never rely on others to be your strength! You will crumble and they will get tired. People will get tired of you leaning on them.

Jesus never promised smooth sailing! 

To be RESCUED = to be DELIVERED

God is the safest place you can escape to!

No comments:

Post a Comment