Monday, June 22, 2015

Our Weekend

Ah, Mondays. Saying "see ya" to the "fun" days and "hello" to the real world, again. Hope you all had a great weekend! Ours was packed. I laid down last night and told Husband that I was exhausted. You never really get a relaxing weekend when you're chasing around a toddler who is on the verge of sprinting. I need a weekend to recoup from my weekend! Friday, husband and I took turns going to the gym, met for lunch, then spent the late afternoon by the pool. Friday night we celebrated John's birthday, since he'll be gone on his actual birthday, by grilling out and going for ice cream. John hit the jackpot on the birthday gifts this year. If anyone wants coffee made by a Scientist, hit 'em up!












We have started something really fun called Coffee Break through our Favor Ministry. On the 3rd Saturday of every month, we gather at a person's home for coffee and breakfast. I personally am a fan because an hour that I get some girl time away from Brooklynn. Parenting 101: get some time away :)  We left and did a family Target run, grabbed lunch with John & Angie, did a quick pool trip before the storm came, and grabbed dinner with my mom since the rest of the family had other engagements!


Sunday was fun. For Father's Day, my dad and brothers took over the message. They hit the nail on a lot of heads. Lots of talk on temptation, sports, time management, and being a witness. You can read all about it here. Some of our family had lunch at my moms then we all went out to dinner. I hope whether you have a bad father, a great father, or no father, you were able to take comfort in your perfect Heavenly Father. We went to moms after dinner and hung out with John who left this morning to spend 6 weeks in ATL with GenerationSend



No comments:

Post a Comment