Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Sick Baby

Happy snow day to those of you with my view! Happy sunshine to those of my people in Florida (I'm coveting your weather lately!)

We have been ver.y fortunate when it comes to Brooklynn's health but she has gotten a cold or two three in the past year and though I haven't found a way to zap it quickly (because there aren't too many drugs you can use on babies), I have found a way to keep it at runny-nose-status. Maybe these things will work for your baby, too. Actually, they all will probably work for you as an adult.


Any humidifier that works for you will work for baby. I keep Brooklynn's on low when she's stuffy. I also use a candle warmer. I think this is key to a stuffed up baby. You mix one tablespoon of Vicks Vapor Rub with one tablespoon of water and let it do it's magic. You can also pre-make Vicks cubes for your warmers if you like to be extra prepared! I use the Vicks BabyRub Soothing Ointment on Brooklynn's feet (underneath socks), chest, and back and night before bedtime. This specific rub has Eucalyptus, Aloe, Rosemary, & Lavender...all good for baby! I also love the Nosefrida that I've blogged about before here. This thing is wonderful. I give Brooklynn the Hyland's Baby Tiny Cold Tablets. We use the teething tablets, which I also love, and I love these too. They're homeopathic and safe for baby and help relieve some pain. The vaseline is used for her nose after wiping it so often. 

Next time you or baby is sick, try these. You might could even use the snotsucker on yourself ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment