Monday, February 9, 2015

Brooklynn's 1st Birthday Party

This weekend we celebrated Brooklynn's birthday with our family. I wanted something fun but laid back seeing as how she will not remember anything that the pictures don't show. 

We celebrated with all things pink, gold & purple, chicken & waffle sliders, sausage wrapped pancakes on a stick, fruit, rice krispy treats, and cupcakes (my fave). 








I should have known that my child would try and destroy her high chair decor. She wasn't fond of the "O" so we went with "NE" instead.





Brooklynn's smash cake didn't really go as her daddy had planned. No, our sweet little cautious girly-girl picked the sprinkles off the top and ate those first. Then, she got a little more comfortable and went for the icing. Then, with dad's help, she smashed her hands into it and loved every bite. Thanks, dad ;)













I guess we have officially wrapped up Brooklynn's first year of "first holidays"! Here's to year 2!
P.S. It only took one whole year, but my child is on a nap schedule. Thank you for your prayers ;)
Oh, and her party dress? I snagged it for $8 at Nordstrom Rack. (I know, right? My family was there for proof.)

No comments:

Post a Comment