Wednesday, October 22, 2014

#SweetDreams

I know this is late but I wanted to post last weeks Alive message a). Because it was so good and b). We start a new series tonight that I will post tomorrow.

Burdens. Everyone has em and no one likes em. But God gives clear direction into how we can maneuver through them.

We always try to carry everything on our own but its not intended that way. When we try and carry everything ourselves we end up hurting ourselves and others.

Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Rest is not found in a place or a thing but in a person!!

Jesus doesn't say, "Come to me all who have it together and I will give you rest!" Jesus wants all those who are broken, jacked up, and exhausted. Your "Rest Area" is Jesus!

Jesus took the crushing weight that was going to send  us to hell and put it on His back. The weight of your sin is never too heavy for Jesus.

The biggest reason for unrest? SIN

The church should be a place where burdens should be lifted and the weary find rest!

No matter how many burdens you have, you can't overload Jesus.

Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from God. Psalm 62:1

No comments:

Post a Comment