Thursday, November 21, 2013

Wage War 4


We wrapped up our Wage War series last night and it was nothing short of amazing! Here's a recap if you missed out!
"For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins NO MORE." Hebrews 8:12

  • Man meant for the cross to be a form of humiliation. God used the cross as a form of life transformation.
  • There wasn't any length God wasn't willing to go to to prove His love.
  • The cross is the ultimate definition of love.
  • When we're found guilty, there's a punishment. Someone had to pay our debt in order to bail us out. Jesus paid it all.
  • Some of us carry around our sins and baggage everywhere we go. God has already/will take it all off our backs and nail it to the cross.
  • Nothing you could ever do could make God love you any less.
  • God didn't come into the world to punish you. He came to save you.
"For when I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long.
For day and night your hand was heavy upon me; my strength was dried up as by the heat of summer.
I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not cover my iniquity; I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the Lord, and you forgave the iniquity of my sin."
Psalm 32:3-5

"...having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away nailing it to the cross."
Colossians 2:14

Last night was proof that the simple word of the gospel still saves. God is still in the business of saving His children through the work He accomplished on the cross. 

*Last night we saw 187 students, 10 new guests, 3 salvations, and 3 rededications!*


No comments:

Post a Comment