Thursday, October 24, 2013

Fall Lusting

I'm going to do a two-parter here when it comes to things I'm lusting over for Fall and then things I'm lusting over for baby girl. You can say there's going to be a lot of sinning going on here. Haha. Since baby girl isn't here yet, I might as well put myself first while I can. Haha, that sounded bad. Anywho, here are the things I'm lusting over for this season!


1. Vests & Booties: I'm thinking that being pregnant is going to clearly work in my advantage this year. Normally, I'm always cold. My husband calls me "cold-blooded". Obviously, I'm not so cold this year {yet} so I'm thinking more times than not I'll just throw on a vest as opposed to my eskimo coat to go out. One perk of pregnancy. I also am determined to dress cute while I have the energy to do so, so booties will keep my feet warmer than flats and they'll give this short girl some height because though pumpkins are cute around the house, they're not so cute to look like. 

2&3. Plaid: I hope plaid never goes out of style. It's a go-to. I'm completely loving the way that you can mix & match plaid with other textures and patterns. It adds a more casual feel to a more dressy piece. And this girl ain't dressy. Which leads to the next one...

4. Casual comfy: If I had to describe my style it would be "laid back yet put together". Chunky sweaters with a cute graphic tee and a statement necklace is my deal. I basically live in leggings and baggy sweaters anyways. I try to get away with it during the Summer time around the house, too,  though it doesn't always work out. 

5. Harem pants: Though I don't own a pair of these, my mom does and they're so cute. It goes along with my laid back yet put together style. I'm not sure how a pregnant girl would rock these, but I'm tempted to try. To balance out the baggy pants, just add a fitted top, some booties with a heel, and you're good!

6&7. Light makeup and a bold nail/lip: Sorry Kardashians, but this year's Fashion Week set the stage for a clean face and eye added with a bold lip. Though I'm a hardcore mascara girl at heart, this would guarantee a faster getting ready approach to your day!

8. Nails: Nails have strayed away from being trendy. What I mean is; anything goes in the Fall. If you want a bright metallic pink nail or a matte black nail, it's okay to go for it! 

As far as home trends go: burlap, lanterns, pumpkins...basically, cozy.

Happy Fall Ya'll,

No comments:

Post a Comment