Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Warm Weather Essentials

Normally, I would start a post like this by saying something like, "As we welcome in the warm weather...", but if you know anything about living in the south (the Carolina's especially) you'll know weather here can never make up it's mind. So, as the last few chilly days are hopefully leaving town, I'll say "as the warm weather approaches us again...hopefully...soon..." I'm going to tell you my must-have products for the warmer days! Most can be found a drugstore unless stated otherwise :)



1. Clean & Clear Deep Action Exfoliating Scrub
I really can't go without this! Not only because it works but because of how it feels! I like using this after going to the gym because it gets the grime off, or if I have to get up super early (which let's be honest, is once in a blue moon) because it tingles and wakes you up! 

2. Loreal Magic Beautifier BB Cream
This is my favorite BB Cream because it gives the right amount of coverage without feeling cakey. I like it also for warmer months because it helps mattify my face. I have pretty dry skin until the Summer time when the shine comes out! The only down side to this product is I don't believe it has a built-in sunscreen like most BB creams so you'll have to layer that on underneath :)

3. Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo
This is a cult product for me year round but it's especially nice to have in the Summer. I normally only wash my hair 3 times a week and in the Summer when I sweat more, this helps me not look like a hot mess!

4. Tangle Teezer
This little thing has saved my life arm & hair! When I say I have extremely tangly hair, that's an understatement! My high school gym coach used to be so impressed by my arm muscles, especially when he found out they were just from brushing my hair! It's a feat to brush out my hair but with this silly looking "brush" it's a breeze! I don't know where it has been all my life! (You can get it at Sally Beauty Supply)

5. Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri Wheat Leave-in Conditioner (whew, what a name)
I use this product year round but in the Summer my hair doubles in dryness so I use this everytime I wash my hair right out of the shower. It helps the detangling process, keeps my blonde hair from snapping so much, smoothes, and protects it from the heat! (You can get it at Ulta or TJMaxx on occassion)

6. got2b Beach Trippin' Waving Spray
This product saves me so much time in the Summer. My hair is especially thick, especially frizzy, and especially crazy during the hot months so I pass on the straightener and pick this up after I get out of the shower and it helps keep my mane tamed while letting it do it's natural thing (whatever that is, ha!)

7. Elf Mineral Infused Primer
Now, I don't use this a lot! And you can really use any form of face primer! I actually like just using Monistat Chaffing Relief Powder Gel, also! (don't be grossed out, it serves the purpose!) Like I said, my skin is normally very dry but if I'm going somewhere (an outdoor wedding, etc.) where I need my makeup to not sweat off, I like using a silicone based product to keep it on my face! (You can get this at Target or eyeslipsface.com)

8. CoverGirl Lash Blast Waterproof Mascara
Okay, I really hate waterproof mascara because as long as it takes me to get the tangles out of my hair, it takes twice as long to get this baby off my lashes. However, if I ever go out of the house with no makeup on, 99% of the time I have on mascara so yes, I will wear this to pool parties or the beach...call the cops ;)

9. Maybeline Baby Lips
So "maybe I was born with it baby lips", but no anymore. Just like my skin, my lips are dry if I don't keep something on them! I have to have these in the summer! I use them around the house and at the beach because they keep my lips from peeling off, they have a high SPF in them, and a lot of them add color so why not?

Go get you some and enjoy :)

'Til next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment