Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tassel = Hassle

As many of you know...I have had quite the college experience. I started college at USC-Aiken after graduating high school in '05. Needless to say, USC-Aiken and I didn't get along too well. It just wasn't for me. Feeling bad about spending my parents' money, knowing that I wasn't happy, just did not sit well with me. I took a year off from school and just worked full time while I prayed about where God would have me. After the year off, I transfered to Anderson University only to find out that 29 of my 64 credits from USCA transferred. You can only imagine. Sooo, I spend three years at Anderson going from an Interior Design major to a Christian Ministry major. Though I would have rather spent only two years there, God worked. Needless to say, I gues the tassel was worth the hassle as I graduated this past Saturday.
Lots of people have asked the famous question, "What are you going to do now? Do you have a job?" Well...I don't know and no. Having a husband that is in student ministry does not really allow for me to have a normal job. If you look at our yearly youth calendar you would quickly notice that there probably wouldn't be an organization that would jump at the opportunity to hire me as I would have to ask off of work...well, a lot!! So, I'm in the process of praying for God to show me how I can help our household financially...while using my degree (of course!) However, in the down time that I have (and I have lots of it...not necessarily a good thing...I like to be busy!!) I will do a lot of cleaning, DIY projects, and other odds and ends to keep me going! Though I am currently taking opinions on where I should look for income (aside from selling mark.cosmetics)

Enjoy your Tuesday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment