Monday, May 23, 2011

DIYness

Over the last two weeks I have found some projects to keep me busy around the house! Check 'em out...

I made this "Coffee-filter lampshade". All you need is a lampshade, hot-glue gun, and LOTS of coffee-filters (I think I went through about 500.) This took me about a week to finish so if you wanna jump on board the "coffee-filter lampshade" train, be prepared!

To make the shade: Take a coffee filter, fold it in half, fold it in half again, then fold it in half again. Fold the bottom (pointy side) to the top. Hot glue the bottom to the shade :)


The next little DIYer took about 5 minutes. I took 3 mason jars, 3 hydrangeas, two shades of white paint, and some scissors and made cute new vases by painting the inside of the jars :)




 Lastly, I painted a tray we have on our ottoman. It was a light wood and I wanted a "worn, white and light" vibe.



Happy Wednesday :)

1 comment: