Friday, September 5, 2014

Take Two


In our series at Alive, Take Two, we've seen God do immeasurably more than we could have ever imagined...in such a little time. If you've missed any of the messages from this series, I can catch you up :)

Week 2
Most people live by this motto: "I can do whatever I want, live however I want to, because of grace." Grace has become people's excuse to sin. Grace should give us a desire for holy living not an excuse to keep on sinning. 

Grace isn't our license to do as we please but it gives us the power to live as we should.

A changed life appreciates grace. Why play with something Jesus died for?

When you're a Christian, sin shouldn't fit you. It should be uncomfortable.
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galations 2:20

Week 3

On our worst days, God still gives us grace.

Our response to God's grace should be our obedience to His ways. No human could ever do for us what He has already done for us! God doesn't want us to oney Him because He said so but because it's our response to His love & grace.
For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. Titus 2:!1
No one is excluded from God's grace.

Grace = what everyone needs, no one can earn, and only God can give. 

When you say "no" to sin, you are saying "yes" to God!

Our greatest motivation is what He's done.

Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did. 1 John 2:6

Grace is FREE but not a license to do as we please!

What will you do in response to what He's done for you?

In the past three weeks at Alive, we've seen 120 students, 61 new faces,  5 SALVATIONS, & 3 REDEDICATIONS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment