Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Be all there

Not many things aside from outfits and home decor tend to inspire me as I flip through my Pinterest page...until the other day...when my "life" flashed before my eyes, in Pinterest-form.


This happens to be something that I s.t.r.u.g.g.l.e. with on the daily. Because, we think that whatever's next will always be "better". The grass is always greener...right? As I type this, I've been trying to get Brooklynn to go to sleep for an hour and a half. As this has become a regular routine around here, I often let satan into my thoughts as I think, "thankful...for this?" With Thanksgiving approaching tomorrow, I find it hard, when it should be really easy, to be thankful. To be honest, this has probably been the most daunting year that I've ever had...in 27 years. It's been the most taxing on myself and the most trying on our marriage. Having Brooklynn really did rock our world. I'd be lying if I said Brooklynn was an easy baby. There is nothing easy about her sweet self. She's not the type to just sit and play by herself or enjoy a ride in the car. She's busy, hyper, energetic, not-a-napper, and outgoing...actually she's everything that I am not. Haha. To be honest, I prayed for this. I prayed that she would have her daddy's personality and her daddy's energy...maybe I should have prayed for that for her around age 11 or so. :-) As hard of a baby as she is...and as on most days consider her being the only child...I do have to wake up, smell (and drink lots of) the coffee and realize that she wasn't supposed to be here. At least not now. So, yes, in the dirty times, I'm thankful. I'd rather sit and listen to her cry for two hours than to have been proved by doctors that we couldn't have her. "Wherever you are"...this is where we are right now. We are trudging through the hyper-active stage of an almost 10 month old BUT...this is also where we are...

  • A ministry and ministry team that is more than we could have asked or imagined with exciting new things coming very soon!!
  • Living in a city and working alongside family...more than we could have asked or imagined.
  • A new house that we have worked really hard over the last 4 1/2 years to be able to buy.
  • A healthy baby that loves people.
  • And if we had nothing but our salvation, that would (and should be) enough to be thankful for!
So, where are you this Thanksgiving? a high school student yearning for college? Working full time wanting to be doing something else? Single & needing a guy? Dating yet just wanting that ring? Living here wishing you were living there? I've been in all those places yet if I had to hit rewind and go back pre-kid, pre-husband, pre-boyfriend, pre-college then I would do it again just to be able to BE ALL THERE! So, if you are in one of these places, be all there. The Lord has us in the season that he wants us in.  Be thankful, as I try to be daily, for wherever you are. One day, you'll want to do it all over again! 

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." Colossians 3:23-24

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment