Monday, October 24, 2011

He Knows Me

This past Saturday night we ventured back to Lee Road Baptist in Taylors, SC. My dad was preaching at their 50th anniversary. This is the church that we left when I was 9 years old when my dad accepted the job at Millbrook in Aiken. I remembered this church. I was saved and baptized there. However, I have a very faint memory of some of the people. Of course there are a hand-full of people I will never forget because they made a lasting impression on me, but many came over to speak to us and we were clueless. Now, on an elementary level I was thinking...how embarassing it is for me not to remember these people that loved us so!! Then I thought...how awful for those to get to Jesus one day and have Him say, "I never knew you." [Matthew 7:23]

We may think that we know Him...but...does HE know YOU?

No comments:

Post a Comment