Tuesday, October 25, 2011

All Things to All People

"To the weak, I became weak, to win the weak. I have become ALL things to ALL men so that by  all possible means I might save some." 1 Corinthians 9:22

Are our churches today taking every means possible to save the lost? This is something that has been heavy on mine and husband's heart for quite some time now. Lost people are no longer coming to us...so are we going to go to them? Most times when you talk about "church" to a lost person, a negative connotation  arouses in their mind. So what are we going to do about it? In the words of my husband, "Our God is big yet our faith shows Him being so small. Our BIG GOD should be portrayed in how we do and be the church! The moves we take as churches should be in faith...faith in our BIG God! Some churches portray such a small God. We have to step out and step up in order to reach those souls that don't have a positive view of church.

Have you ever been to a place where you felt SO out of place?? I had to visit many churches when I was still in college as a part of my worship classes and let me tell you, 9 out of 10 churches I visited I was completely out of place..(and under-dressed)...they had a routine and I just followed along like a lost puppy...and I'm saved! Imagine how a lost person would feel walking into some of our churches today...are we meeting them where they are in their life? Are we bringing the gospel to them in terms that they understand in order to save their soul? We have got to think like lost people in order to reach them. Paul is seeking to IDENTIFY with these lost souls. He doesn't set himself above them nor does he preach down to them. He gets on their level- eye to eye- in order to understand where they are. Didn't Jesus do this for us? Am I saying we should take part in sinful activities like the lost? Absolutely not. Am I saying we need to identify with them, befriend them, look at them as God's chosen people? Yes.

I think it's time for churches to identify with the lost in order to get them in our doors because they are not coming to the 'church building' anymore. We have to go to them and bring them in, and lead them to salvation. Let's step it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment