Thursday, July 9, 2015

Florida Vacation

Each year we celebrate vacation with both of our families - the Huxes in Florida and then the Leopards in Myrtle. Our vacation started with a screaming child. Ya'll, I did research on this before we left Greenville. I researched, "How to take a road trip with a toddler..."How to succeed in the car with your toddler" ... and my personal favorite, "Full proof tips on keeping your child sane in the car." Ya'll, don't waste ya time, those are bologna. Actually, they may work for the "normal" toddler (if there is such a thing) but Brooklynn tends to go counter-culture to everything everyone says about children. I guess that'll be a good thing when she's 18 but for now, "you're killin' me, smalls". 

Anyways, back to the vacation.

My husband is the exact opposite of me in many ways but in one particular way, he's super great with staying in touch with people. We always meet up with his best friends from high school and yes, we are girl heavy with one more on the way (and no people, that one more is not coming from me!) Poor fellas.


We spent the first night in Leesburg since we couldn't get in our place until Saturday so we played with some blocks and learned how to use a child-sized vacuum.




Every morning she went to the window and said, "wooooow". She loved it so much she walked straight down to the beach on the first day and walked straight into the water about chest deep with all her clothes on.































We ate good, talked good, and chilled good. On the way out, we had a quick meet-up with some of Huxes friends from PBA. I'm thinking the world is having an influx of girls. Just me?

Then the car ride...which is best put in a statement from my husband, "After 8 hours in a car with a teething daughter, I got a glimpse of what hell would sound like when they say, 'weeping & gnashing of teeth'." Just for reference, we left with 4 teeth and came back with almost 11 but we are alive, praise the Lord. He is faithful. We do love her though, really ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment