Sunday, February 9, 2014

Brooklynn Noel Hux..she's here!



Well, baby girl is here! When I woke up last Sunday morning I had one thing on my mind, please just make it through the service!! I had been feeling achy and crampy for quite awhile so I knew that she wouldn't wait until her due date, February 23rd, to make her debut. I knew on Sunday that it would be within the next few days that she would come. Sunday night we went to a super bowl party with the rest of the church staff and honestly, I felt pretty good until halftime probably because I was occupied talking, laughing, and eating of course! Everyone was joking that they "gave my pregnancy two more weeks". In my head I was thinking, I give it 24 hours. When halftime rolled around, I kinda gave Michael "the look" and we headed home.

We came home, sat on the couch, and finished watching the "game" (was it even a game?) I started having contractions around 8:30PM but they were far apart and "manageable" at the time. We both went to bed and Michael went to sleep ( I did not). I fought off the contractions until 1:30AM when they were 4 minutes apart. I swallowed my pride and called the hospital. I say "swallowed my pride" because I was not about to go to the hospital at 2AM only to be sent back home. Nu uh. The nurse said to come on in so I woke up Michael (who said, "how'd you sleep last night" only to be followed by me saying "it is night"). He threw some stuff in his bag and we made the 4 minute drive (thank you, Jesus) to the hospital.

We got checked in, hooked up to the machines, given Pitocin, and was 2cm dilated by 2AM. Remember a few weeks ago my blood pressure had been really high and so for that reason, I had to wait about 2 hours for my tests to come back from the lab for the "OK" to get the epidural. Even before my pregnancy, I had always planned on getting an epidural so there was no question; I was going to take advantage of modern medicine to make this process as smooth as possible. I still care what my husband thinks about me and didn't want him (or me for that matter) to have to experience any labor demons. Haha.

After I got the epidural, it was pretty much smooth sailing from there. Around 9AM they broke my water, 9:20AM I started pushing, and 9:42 she was here weighing 6.5 lbs and 18 1/2 in. long, and perfectly healthy! My chunkster baby was a tiny little thing that I'm still scared of snapping in two.

Thank you to everyone who has sent gifts, loving texts, and prayers over the past week. WEEK, she's almost one whole week! Time's starting to fly already! P.S. That "baby smell" I thought I wasn't going to like...I'm obsessed!






No comments:

Post a Comment