Thursday, March 14, 2013

Spring Closet

I'm a sucker for warm weather. Let's just call it like it is. I don't do cold. I can drink coffee and wear fuzzy socks while in a bathing suit just as well! :) So, with the rising temps and "longer days", I get giddy!

So, what do Spring trends hold? Some good...some bad not for me...but that's the good thing about "trends". They come and go. Some go and come back years later. So, don't run out and fill your closet or home with strictly trends because you won't have anything to wear next year! Ha ha! Buy a few staple things (that don't cost an arm and a leg) that will work for you year after year even if it's not considered trendy. Here are some things that I'm seeing and some things that are on the runways that you may or may not be able to pull off. Every woman for herself!

BB Creams

I love BB Creams! My favorite is the Loreal Magic Beautifier BB Cream! It's lighter than a foundation but gives just a much coverage (for me) as one! It's better for your skin because it acts as a moisturizer, primer, sun protectant, foundation, treats imperfections, and gives a smoother texture to your face! So, especially for the warmer months I ditch the foundation and grab a BB Cream! 


Subtle Ombre and Waves
Everyone was hit hard with the ombre trend last year and I'm a huge fan because it gives me, being blonde, an opportunity to go a little longer letting my roots show! However, this season, the trend is a little less bold and a little more subtle which I think I like better! It's a tad more natural looking yet adds dimension and character to your hair! Oh, and beachy waves are still here!


Hair wraps
Another thing I'm loving because it gives me an excuse to go an extra day without washing my hair!  (I promise I'm not dirty, I'm just low maintenance when it comes to hair because I have a lot of it!) So with more roots and dirtier hair, I'm thinking the hair trend this season is a simple, less is more look and that's me! I also love the boho look!


Neon

I really love neon and it's back again! I wasn't so sure of this trend when it hit last year because all I saw was a montage of 80's music videos in my head! However, like mentioned before, less is more when working with trends! So a little bit of neon lipstick or a punch of neon clothing isn't going to blind hurt anyone! 


Stripes

Whether on your body or in your home, stripes are still here! Be careful not to over-do the stripe situation (like in the picture on the right) because you may get nauseous! It's harder to pull off stripes because they do widen you so be careful where you decide to wear your stripes...whether on top or on bottom!


Bold Sunglasses

I haven't seen much of this yet but it's all over the runways. Now, I love my sunglasses, not sure about the "bold" part but hey, just because I can't pull it off doesn't mean you can't!! I see some of our Pursuit girls rocking these though!


Long Shorts

Some call them bermuda shorts, some call them board shorts, but for my 5'4" self I call them "I'm too short and they make me look like a frumpy mess shorts" If you're taller than me, rock them! I just can't! But I know a few moms of teenage girls that are going to be pretty happy the long-shorts trend is back in! We will see if they actually make their debut soon! Ha ha!

And in true Kourtney Kardashian fashion (which I love) she manages to be a walking Spring 2013 trend! So, wear one, or wear all of them...cause it can be done :)


Less is more,

No comments:

Post a Comment